Pegging Paradise Podcast #285
Movember Ushers in...
Trigger Warning: talk of suicide
Movember ushers in thoughts of masculinity, mean's health, men's mental health and the Movember Foundation! This podcast is full of personal shares from men who have struggled with mental health, suicide, and life's hardships. They share with us stories of how they coped, what they learned and what advice they have for other men who are struggling. These were all taken from the Movember website.
This is the month that I urge you all to take a good long look at the differences between how we raise girls and how we raise boys, and how boy's trauma of being disconnected from emotions and authenticity follows them through their lives, with disastrous consequences for everyone. Men's partners, children, friends and society as a whole suffers from the dominant, tough it out, competitive, 'never let them see your pain' rules instilled young boys.
We can do better!
- Movember - Ruby's Mo Space! Please donate.
- Rapid, at home COVID testing by tele-med
- The Will to Change, "Men, Masculinity and Love" Bell Hooks
- Remaking Manhood Podcast with Mark Greene & Charles Mattheus
- SO MANY links to resources from Movember 2019